Monday, March 26, 2007

Farewell Rome :-(

Where to start?

Let me first say how sad I am that Rome is over. This is one of the best television series I have ever watched. I will really miss Titus Pullo. He is a noble character.

Cleopatra, as it turns out, is a bitch. She tricked Marc Antony into committing suicide. Though, I don't feel sorry for him. He was a bastard.

Octavian is also a bastard, and as I've been saying all along, amoral. He was almost scary. Atia was wondering what went wrong as he used to be such a good boy. Look in the mirror, bitch! Though, Atia evened out in my mind because she stuck it to Livia in the end giving slight deference to Servilla of the Junii (I just like saying that).

I was sorry to see Vorenus die, but I have to say I saw that one coming. He was on the wrong side of the conflict, and the gods have funny way of evening things out. However, he was a good man, loyal to the end. He did the right thing protecting Caesarion because he knew he was Pullo's son. At least, he got to see his family before he died.

I liked that they didn't kill Caesarion. He was Pullo's son, and Pullo deserved happiness. History tells us that Octavian had him killed. Of course, Octavian believes he was killed, just as he believed (and so did everyone else) he was Caesar's son.

I stated in previous posts that I was worried that Pullo would be asked to kill Caesarion. Indeed he was, but he never had any intention of carrying out that task. Titus Pullo was a good man 'til the end. He made some mistakes in life, but he repented, and he held honor. He lied to Octavian in order to save Caesarion's life. Octavian took good care of Pullo, but he knew that Octavian was morally challenged. I really liked how it ended with Pullo and Caesarion, father and son, on somewhat of a comical note with the theme music in the background.

I will miss you Rome. :-(

No comments: